The Texas A&M Institute for Preclinical Studies fosters multi-disciplinary service, research, and education. The primary focus of TIPS is to develop research activities and provide core services in the areas of device development, preclinical studies under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and biomedical imaging. In addition, the educational mission of TIPS centers around the advanced training of graduate and professional students within relevant scientific and engineering disciplines, as well as support the needs of degree programs that train students and industry personnel on regulatory issues within biotechnology.
To become a leader in translational research and provide comprehensive preclinical research services using an interdisciplinary approach to improve the effectiveness and efficacy of drug and device development from early stage and into clinical trials by:
- seamlessly integrating all aspects of device and drug development from basic research/design to imaging and preclinical testing through human clinical trials;
- facilitating the use of animals with naturally occurring disease as a viable research model;
- and using our unique resources to develop new tools for molecular and translational imaging.
- all major veterinary medical specialties
- animal husbandry
- surgical and non-surgical interventional techniques
- advanced imaging and diagnostics